Learn more about
Solacoat WB (Metal) Primer
Solacoat WB (Metal) Primer, to be used under Solacoat Top Coat, is a water-based sealer primer designed for exceptional adhesion to both ferrous and nonferrous metals ie light steel, aluminum, zinc-coated metals.
- Excellent anti-corrosive properties for light steel-metal roofing/walls
- Suitable primer for both water-based and solvent-based topcoat coatings
- Fast drying
- Lead, zinc & chromate-free
- Suitable for prefabrication work on light steelwork
- Good gloss holdout
- Low VOC.
Areas of Application
new and old metal roofs and walls:
- agricultural parts,
- earthmoving equipment,
- light gauge structural steel and
- prefab production line priming.
Metal Roofs – Unpainted/Previously Painted
Apply one coat of Solacoat WB Metal Primer by spray, brush or roller at a spreading rate of 8 – 14 square metres per litre.
Minimum of 2 hours for the primer to dry before application of the first coat of Solacoat Topcoat
The second coat of Solacoat topcoat can be applied after 2 hours drying period
Covers approximately 8 – 14 square metres per litre per coat depending on the surface
Approximate drying times at 25°C and 50% Relative Humidity.
Touch dry: 30 – 45 minutes
Drying times may be extended by adverse drying conditions or incorrectly applied a very high film build.